|The New Orleans Municipal Yacht Harbor Management Corporation (MYHMC), a public benefit corporation of the City of New Orleans, leases and manages all of the City's property at West End – the property located between the New Basin Canal & the 17th Street Canal, outside of the levee/flood wall, except for Orleans Marina (and the surrounding boathouses and businesses), SYC and a sliver of Jefferson Parish along the 17th Street Canal.|
The following is a growing compilation of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the properties managed by the Municipal Yacht Harbor Management Corporation:
- Are there currently slips available for rent at Municipal Yacht Harbor?
- Why hasn't Municipal Yacht Harbor been rebuilt?
- Is the MYHMC affiliated with the Friends of West End?
- Is MYHMC affiliated with either the New Orleans Yacht Club or Southern Yacht Club?
- Is there an active sailing scene in New Orleans?
- How do I crew or enter my boat to race in the sailboat regattas?